Ephedrine is a medication and stimulant.Ephedrine was first isolated in 1885 and came into commercial use in 1926 buy ephedrine hydrochloride online. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system. It is available as a generic medication.
It can be taken by mouth or by injection into a muscle, vein, or just under the skin.Onset with intravenous use is fast, while injection into a muscle can take 20 minutes, and by mouth can take an hour for effect.When given by injection it lasts about an hour and when taken by mouth it can last up to four hours.buy ephedrine hydrochloride online
- It is often used to prevent low blood pressure during spinal anesthesia.
- It has also been used for asthma, narcolepsy, and obesity but is not the preferred treatment
- Ephedrine directly stimulates alpha and beta-adrenergic receptors and increases the release of norepinephrine.
- Its actions include relaxation of bronchioles, increased heart rate and contractility, and increased blood pressure.
- It also causes blood vessels in the nasal passages to shrink (vasoconstrict). Vasoconstriction reduces nasal congestion by preventing fluid from draining from blood vessels into the lining of the nasal passages.buy ephedrine hydrochloride online
- Ephedrine is also a central nervous system stimulant used illegally for weight loss and for performance enhancement diet supplements.
Ephedrine promotes modest short-term weight loss, specifically fat loss, but its long-term effects are unknown. In mice, ephedrine is known to stimulate thermogenesis in the brown adipose tissue, but because adult humans have only small amounts of brown fat, thermogenesis is assumed to take place mostly in the skeletal muscle.
Ephedrine also decreases gastric emptying. Methylxanthines such as caffeine and theophylline have a synergistic effect with ephedrine with respect to weight loss. This led to creation and marketing of compound products.One of them, known as the ECA stack, contains ephedrine with caffeine and aspirin. It is a popular supplement taken by bodybuilders seeking to cut body fat before a competitionbuy ephedrine hydrochloride online
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
The usual parenteral dose is 25 to 50 mg given subcutaneously or intramuscularly. Intravenously, 5 to 25 mg may be administered slowly, repeated in 5 to 10 minutes, if necessary.
The usual subcutaneous or intramuscular dose is 0.5 mg/kg of body weight or 16.7 mg/square meter of body surface every 4 to 6 hours.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.buy ephedrine hydrochloride online
- A dose of 12.5 to 25 mg orally every 4 hours, not to exceed 150 mg in 24 hour has be used for treating bronchospasm.
- The dose for treating nasal congestion in adults is 25 to 50 mg every 6 hours.
NOTE: Ephedrine tabs be stored at room temperature.